Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Twilight Addiction

I was talking to Mikey a few minutes ago about my dilemma of trying to decide what to blog about. I mean, I started "blogging" like two months ago and only have posted one thing! (The Disneyland thing was just a "test.") Talk about writers block! Seriously. Also, it's been years since I've really written anything worth while--so don't expect any original, interesting literature to come from me! Anyway, I didn't get any earth-shattering ideas from Mikey (we just aren't that interesting!), but I'll just dive in and pick something.

I've been totally sucked into the Twilight series! Oh my gosh, today I sat down for a "couple minutes" to read and the next thing I knew . . . it'd been three hours. The time totally flew by. I won't say specifics about the book because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't read it, but it's amazing how Stephanie Meyer can make something so out-there seem so possible. I love it. This sounds dumb, but I know I could read it faster than I am, but it's so fun to just enjoy every line. I want to get to the next book, but at the same time, I don't want this book to end. If you haven't read the series, it's really fun, but make sure your house is clean before you start, because it won't get cleaned any time between the beginning & ending of the book.

10 comments:

Ashley said...

I am totally addicted to that series too. I can't WAIT for the new book to come out this summer! If you look at my blog, I've been posting a bunch of pictures from our trip to the Olympic Peninsula. We stayed at First Beach in La Push and everything!
Oh, and I love your new blog background. I'm glad you found a cute one!

Sally said...

karie you're so cute. i'm glad that you have a blog now! i (actually it was jason) made one entry and then we forgot about it for about 6 months until my friend made me write another one, and then i waited several more months until i decided it could be a fun hobby, and i enjoy it now. so don't worry about a slow start, you're doing better than me! i'm still always trying to think of something to post so it looks like i have a fun life... have fun!

Anonymous said...

My girls will be thrilled to know that you're addicted too! They have big plans for the launch of the next book and the movie. I think we're making t-shirts and I know of my friends in the stake is renting out a theatre for everyone!

Mandy said...

OH. Those books sucked me in so bad and I lost touch with reality for quites some time. They are so good! I lost a lot of sleep trying to finish them. I love finding books that do that.
I'm excited to read more about you and Mikey. So keep it coming!

Michelle said...

I also love twilight! Very addicitng! Just wait, pretty soon you will get addicted to it and then you will look at everything in life as being a potential blog post, it is terrribly addicting. I look forward to the next post!

Nicole said...

Karie I am glad that you have a blog. Don't stress about it having to be something so fantastic your life is interesting in itself.

jularun7 said...

karie!! how are you? so fun to find you in blog land. and don't worry, the writers block will lift! and yes, twilight is the best. :) so glad we get to stay in touch this way.

julia helland wade

the greens said...

so I finally got Rob to read twighlight and even though he says that it has to much estrogen. He loved it and now after the kids go to bed he grabs New Moon and reads. This is not like him. We can't wait for the movie and next book.

dockters said...

YAY! I'm so glad you've started a blog, Karie! It will be fun to keep track of you and Mikey! I heard that you guys had a fun family reunion in St. George! How fun!

Hope all is well! Love you!

Lindsay*

kerry said...

Just found your blog! Love it I must say