Saturday, September 13, 2008

Oregon

Last month we had an open week where I hadn't started school yet and Mikey had some time open before starting his new, awesome job at Attask. We've said before that "We'll be spontaneous when we have time," (Captain Ron), and we actually had time! So we were a little impulsive, but we bought one-way tickets to Portland, Oregon and rented a beautiful convertible to drive down the Coast and then home. So the night before we flew out, Mikey booked some lodging for us and we were on our way!

It was so gorgeous. Neither of us had ever been to Oregon and it was so fun to explore, get "good eats" recommendations from the locals, and just relax. It was such a blast.
This little crab shack had the BEST seafood. The food was so fresh that it was actually caught that morning! It was so good we ate here 3 times.

Everyday we were in Oregon was cloudy--gorgeous, but cloudy. Except the sun decided to visit us on our last day. We spent the whole day playing on the beach. The water was still too cold to play in, but we bought ourselves a stunt kite (I didn't even know they existed) and played ALL day. It was so cool to do loop-de-loops with a kite. Crazy!




A Peterson tradition--funny face pictures. (Notice the light house in the background!)
Mikey with a sting ray swimming behind him at the Newport Aquarium.
Haystack Rock in Cannon Beach.
Mikey demonstrating the ease of putting the top down. Very slick.

We had such a fun time. The best was just being together the whole time. This trip might just have to become a family tradition.

17 comments:

jularun7 said...

what a great trip! the west coast is just beatiful ... so fun.

Giggles said...

Looks like it was the perfect vacation. And if you're going to rent a car, might as well rent a fun one like that.

Stunt kites are a lot of fun. I haven't flown one since high school, but every now and then I wish I had one with me so I could go fly a kite.

kerry said...

Your pictures are gorgeous. It looks like you had a lot of fun. I think it was a good idea. Where are you going for fall break??!!

Destiny Rayburn said...

I'm glad you went on a spur of the moment vacation! I want to do that! LOL! You look so pretty. Glad you had fun!

Ashley Funk said...

good for you guys! it looks like an awesome trip! it's always nice to get away...

Mandy said...

I LOVE that you did that. That sounds absolutely wonderful! I think spontaneous trips like that are the best. You guys are so cute. Oregon is beautiful, your pictures made me want to visit there. Thanks for the fun post! I'm assuming school is now in for you?

Michelle said...

Now I am home sick! I am so happy you were finally able to visit Oregon, I love Oregon! Your pictures are beautiful! (of course the beautiful subjects help)

I am so impressed with your spontinaity, good for you!

Sally said...

You two get an A++ in spontaneity!! I'm so jealous! It looks like you had so much fun... so good for you!

Chris said...

How fun! The Oregon coastline is so pretty! It looks like you two had a fabulous time!

dockters said...

What a great idea! And from your pictures, I definitely think a visit to Oregon should be a tradition! It looks just beautiful!

Lady Carolyn said...

Hey! I saw the link to your site on facebook! You two are cute as ever, I love your beach pics! (--Carrie Teasdale)

KaCee said...

Hi Karie!
I was so excited to find your blog! I was thinking about all the people we went to school with at BYU, so I searched for you and this is what came up! I was so happy. We have a blog too so email me sometime and I will add you to our list erda_jo@hotmail.com. It is so great to see you and what you are up to. Have a great day.
KaCee Sibley

Anonymous said...

How fun is that???? Great pictures. By the way, I'm tagging you so you have something else to blog! See my blog for the questions.

Love you!

anya said...

Karie!

Wow, I haven't seen you in ages... I am hoping all is well with you and your cute hubby! Life is good for us... I couldn't resist saying "hi"!

Anya Phillips Neidig

neidigs.blogspot.com

Kathryn said...

So this is where we honeymooned! Haystack rock!! Did you visit the Stephanie Inn just yards away from Haystack rock? That was our nesting place. Canon Beach is our romantic home away from home. Glad to have other people discover this gem on the west coast.

Ashley said...

I love those pictures! Oregon really is so beautiful. And that was definitely a beautiful convertible you rented too! I love last-minute trips like that, those are the best!

Haslams said...

that looks like so much fun. I wish spontaneity was part of my life... especially if it resulted in an experience like yours!