
So I have this little boy in my third-grade class who is so funny. He doesn't really mean to be funny, but he just says the darnest things. I shouldn't use his real name, so I'll call him Bobby instead. Bobby is this sweet boy who has some challenges--mainly ADHD and some autistic tendencies. He takes things very literally.
The latest funny story happened a couple weeks ago. The day after picture day, the school sent home a flier saying "Make-up Picture Day, October 24th." After Bobby read the flier, he marched right up to me and slapped the flier on the table. Fuming mad, he exclaimed, "MAKE-UP!?!? I don't want MAKE-UP!! I don't wear make-up! No one in my family wears make-up!" And then he stormed back to his desk.
Once I explained to him that "make-up" is just another way to say "re-do," he was fine, but it was so funny!
4 comments:
Oh, I miss that. I miss the random things that would happen during the day that would just make me smile, and the kids had no idea they were doing that.
I love heaing these stories!
gotta love that bobby. didn't you love that story in conference of the little boy taking a baseball out of his pocket, instead of chasing it in the outfield...priceless.
That is so cute and funny! You must have such a blast teaching them!
Post a Comment