Wow! I can't believe the time since my parents opened their mission call flew by so fast! And now they are officially full-time missionaries and have been in Mongolia one week. We've gotten to Skype with them a couple times since they arrived and they are doing great. They've met a lot of the members in Mongolia and already love the people and the simple life-style they lead.
Here's a whirlwind overview of this past Missionary Month!
This is shortly after my parents spoke in Church the day before they entered the MTC.

Dinner and pictures in the backyard following Church.
Entering the MTC! Dropping off a couple at the MTC is very different from dropping of a younger elder or sister. We got to help my parents take their luggage into their room and see where they would be staying for the next 11 days.

There was even a sign in their room for them to hang on their door when they left the MTC saying, "We have left for our Mission!" Cute!
My parents loved their experience in the MTC!Another perk of my parents being on a couple mission is that they have a lot more freedom than the younger elders and sisters. In fact during their MTC stay Mikey and I got to see them 3 times! My dad had a problem with his computer, so we drove him and my mom to Best Buy one night. Then the next day they needed to go to the Social Security Office, so we let them borrow our car, and of course got to see them when we picked it up. When my parents were leaving the MTC for one of these errands one of the elders asked, "Hey, why don't we get to go?" My dad quickly replied, "We've paid our dues!" :)
Then the night before my mom & dad flew to Mongolia we had a family gathering in a park near the MTC! Wow! I felt so spoiled to get to see them so often!
...and now for the final good-byes at the airport!
This is my cute sister Lynette & her three kids Braden, Hailey, and Kahler. My parents' flight was so early in the morning that the kids got to stay in their pj's!
And now they are in MONGOLIA! This is a picture of my parents outside their apartment building.
8 comments:
I love it! I wish I could have gone to their farewell, but I had to teach Sunday School that week in my ward.
That was so fun to see your cute parents and their adventures. I hope you continue to post about them from time to time. They are a great example to follow.
Couple Missionaries are so cool! I am so happy to hear that they are having a great experience so far! I hope you continue with lots more updates!
That is so exciting to see the journey! Good luck to them and to you :)
You have the most amazing family! What a great blog - tells such a story. (And look how skinny Mikey is getting!) Thanks for being part of our lives. We love you all so much! And go Skype!
It kills me that they call your parents "senior" missionaries - I mean, aren't senior missionaries super old?!?
I got all teary eyed reading this. What a neat experience for your whole family. They will be such great influences for good both in Mongolia and back at home!
Wow, what an adventure they are on! I admire them for their faith.
I like the picture of the hair-cutting ceremony. Have you seen "The Story of the Weeping Camel" (or something to that effect)? It was a movie we Netflixed a little while ago and it was really interesting about life and culture in Mongolia. If you do watch it, don't forget to put on the subtitles, though, as it's all in Mongolian!
Wow they are in Mongolia! Amazing! You got such wonderful pictures and what a great send-off they had!
Post a Comment