Sunday, October 11, 2009

Awesome.

Okay, so there's some sarcasm in that title. This morning we walked out to go to Church and found this lovely scene. During the night someone broke into our car! How rude! Whoever it was stole our GPS & Mikey's backpack and didn't even clean up the mess. Our thief actually even left the baseball bat he used to break the window (which is not in the picture because the police officer had taken it by this time). It's a major bummer, but Mikey and I are both safe and fine & everything that was taken is replaceable . . . except Mikey's homework. That's the real bummer. But here are a few photos to document:
I think the glass actually looks kind of cool on the pavement.The plus side is that I've been having writer's block and now had something to blog about, so I'm back at it. I'll give you an update in a couple days of what we're up to now. Hope you're all doing well!

11 comments:

Nette said...

Crazy!! That poor Corolla, if you don't be nicer to it, it might start looking for a new owner.

Giggles said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I hope the homework was valuable to the thief.

Ashley said...

So sorry! Ugh, that happened to me once when we were still living in Utah. Hate it!

MedSchoolWife said...

Oh, no! That's sucky :(

Laura said...

Super lame! Glad everyone's ok though.

dockters said...

Oh man!! What a mess! I am so sorry. What a great way to start the week, huh?

I'll email you info on making your pictures big later today...it's super easy!

xoxo

Ashley Funk said...

Nothing brightens a Sunday like having someone damage and steal your stuff. Talk about feeling violated! I'm sorry!

H Yoho said...

Dang it! I hope it hasn't made you feel too violated and paranoid. So sorry.

Jeremy and Heidi said...

Ohh, that's terrible! Sorry it happened to you--you are so cute to find some positive sides to it, though.

Elizabeth said...

Too bad they didn't take the suitcase with the dead dog inside... :)

Haslams said...

Bummer! I'm so sorry! Even though it is bad news I'm glad you are back to blogging!