Saturday, December 18, 2010

Does Santa Know What You're Thinking?

This week at school I read my third-graders a story about a girl who wouldn't tell her family what she wanted for Christmas. She insisted that, "Santa knows what I want!" I asked my students if they thought Santa could tell what they where thinking or if they had to say what they wanted out loud so he would know what they wanted. Their opinions were mixed, but I had one student who exclaimed, "Santa can't tell what you're thinking, but Jesus can! And He can tell Santa!"

3 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

from the mouth of babes

Chris said...

I love it. My second and third graders all gave Santa a hug this year at school and watching them each hug him and stare into his eyes seriously made me cry. Such sweet love and innocence :)

cleverly content said...

um YES you may "copy" me, but please keep in mind I didn't come up with the 30 before 30. It took me a long time to come up with good goals...30 (as it turns out) is a lot. Good luck with yours. We should throw a 30 birthday party :) Also I think my delicious recipe deserves its own post too.

xoxo