This may look familiar to some of you! Last year I posted a review of all the Halloween costumes Mikey & I have done together. This year I just copied the post over from last year. Mikey & I have so much fun coming up with an idea and putting it together. It's a fun tradition!
For our 2008 costume last year we were Wesly & Buttercup from "The Princess Bride." Putting our costume together was a lot easier than I anticipated. The dress was a bridesmaid's dress Mikey's mom had in her closet. I just pulled it out and wore it!


For our first Halloween in 2004 we had been engaged for just over a month. We thought the third picture below was a great candidate for our engagement photo. Some how it got vetoed. Weird. I think it might be time for these wigs to be resurrected.



Our next Halloween in 2005 we went as GHOSTBUSTERS! Who ya gonna call? The packs on our backs are our neighbor's 72-hour kits wrapped up in aluminum foil. I wonder if they noticed the missing granola bars when we returned the packs.


Halloween 2006 had a couple different costumes. One costume for a pre-Halloween party and another costume for Halloween night.
Any guesses on what we were for the party?

We were "LEAF BLOWERS!" We thought we were clever, but having a leaf hanging in our faces the whole night did get a tad annoying.
For a costume contest at work, Mikey was John Stockton, so that night for Halloween he was Stockton and I was Malone. I think Mikey looked pretty darn good! And I was just a spitting image of Karl Malone!


We tried to recreate the statues of Stockton & Malone that are outside the Energy Solutions Arena. What do you think?

And now we come to Halloween 2007--when I showed the ULTIMATE love I have for my husband by dressing up as a WWF Wrestler--the Ultimate Warrior. Oh the love. Mikey grew up a
huge fan of Hulk Hogan and so dressed up as him.
Mikey was such a fan of Hulk Hogan growing up that in kindergarten he made a poster for school and on it listed his three heroes as #1 Jesus, #2 His dad, and #3 Hulk Hogan!
This is a picture of the real Ultimate Warrior. See, I just have a talent for looking like big, athletic men. What can I say?




Do you think Mikey had fun? :) I love it!
And now you have to wait in suspense to find out what we are dressing as this year!!
5 comments:
What fun pictures, Karie and Mikey. You are quite the pros, dressing up so cute. Thanks for stopping by tonight. Love you. grandma Verda
You guys have the best costumes! If we ever dress up we may need to dip into your collection!
I am so impressed with your efforts and costumes. All of them are fantastic!
You guys are such good sports! I truly am VERY curious of what you came up with for this year's costumes! We dressed up again for the first time since we had kids-- it was lots of fun! I'll keep checking back to see this year's costume revealed!
I love it, I may have to steal some ideas from you!
Post a Comment